Things have been pretty exciting lately at the Fletcher apartment. We are going to have a baby! And we bought a house! Two major life events all in one month. With so much going on I have decided to start a blog to keep all our friends and family in the know.
How did we get here? Well, it has been a journey. I was diagnosed with endometrisosis during college in 1999 and had my first surgery. I had two more surgeries during college in 2001. Since then I had been symptom free. Bryan and I got married in Novemeber 2008 and knew getting pregnant could be a challenge so we started trying immediately. When nothing had happened by March 2009, my doctor decided we should do another surgery to take a look. Sure enough the endometriosis had grown back and was stage III. When May rolled around and nothing had happened we decided it was time to see a fertility specialist. Good news: I was ovulating and all my hormone levels were normal and Bryan had healthy little guys! Bad news: endometriosis interferes with the fallopian tubes picking up the egg from the ovary and getting it down the tube to be fertilized - the only treatment to overcome this obstacle, IVF. And so it began. IVF is quite the process, daily shots, every other day doctor visits with ultrasounds and bloodwork, lots of side effects and of course quite a price tag. All worth it!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment